Help with retrofitting plumbing for a Sama Lusso

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
pacificmanitou

#1: Post by pacificmanitou »

I was browsing the forums recently and saw the internal plumbing of a Bezzera Family recently on an old thread:

'nother 'zzera

That plumbing looks like an option on my Sama Lusso. As the thread points out, the water in line looks like its attached to a fill port that the Lusso also has. I know little about plumbing, but it looks to me like I could get a fitting in place of my boiler cap, then put a line on the fitting. After that Im lost a little... what do I attach after that? Do I need any additional equipment? I assume there needs to be a valve somewhere to keep the boiler pressure closed from the water line, but like I said, I know little about plumbing. The city water I have I don't even drink, let alone put in my espresso machine :shock: , so what do I need in order to use a jug? I already have water cooler jugs delivered.

Ive also considered buying another drip tray and tapping a hole to attach to a drain pipe, but Im not sure how feasible that is either. In my head everything just pours out the hole and into a nearby sink.
LMWDP #366

drgary
Team HB

#2: Post by drgary »

Hi Brandon,

A FloJet pump will help you fill from a water bottle.

Can you post some photos of your current plumbing setup to help us visualize your proposed mods?
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!