Ceado E6 vs. Baratza Vario

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Goingforsound

#1: Post by Goingforsound »

Hi All,

I've been reading around on this forum for a while and just registered.

I was looking at the eternal what to buy for a newbie threads and found a lot of usefull info thanks.

I finally decided to order a Gaggia Classic as my first machine. It is currently on sale for 350$ so budget wise it is great for me. Seems to be a honest first machine, reliability and well documented upgrades and repairs convinced me.

For the grinder, I was looking at the Baratza Vario, but I just seen the Ceado E6 on sale for almost the same price...

I was searching the forum through google and did not find any details on that E6.

From my perspective it seems to be a superior machine for the price but would appreciate any feedback from experienced users.

Thanks,

JC

okmed

#2: Post by okmed »

I have both and there is no comparison in my opinion. The Ceado is built like a tank, easy to clean without having to recalibrate and you don't have to dial in the grind again after cleaning. If you can get one for the same price as the Vario then that's a bargin. I'm not saying that the Vario is not a good machine just that the Ceado is in the same class as the Mazzer.

Goingforsound (original poster)

#3: Post by Goingforsound (original poster) »

It is not exactly the same price, but it is close enough that I am willing to pay to get it.

It is on sale here: http://www.wholelattelove.com/Ceado/cea ... rinder.cfm

I am just wondering why there is not a lot of info on this grinder on the forum?

pacificmanitou

#4: Post by pacificmanitou »

My guess is a super jolly is readily available even cheaper than a vario, so the jump goes from vario/SJ to Titan class. I have and use a vario. Even though I recognize the build quality is not commercial, I prefer it. I used a commercial grinder for a few years, but the ultimate procedure required to maintain fresh coffee at the low consumption of home use took too much time and produced too much waste. The low retention of the vario makes waste a non issue for me. I did absolutely love having a commercial grinder, but in the end it was just too much. If I buy another grinder it will have to be a low retention design. What I really want is an electric HG one...
LMWDP #366