Artisan Settings vs. Artisan Profiles - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
rgrosz

#11: Post by rgrosz »

Thanks, Marko. I never knew how / why those "palettes" were used ...
LMWDP #556
Life is too short to drink bad wine - or bad coffee

SJM (original poster)

#12: Post by SJM (original poster) »

Brilliant !!!!
Thank you Marko !!!

Susan

Edit: Works a charm !!!
Edit: Except then I forgot how... :oops:

SJM (original poster)

#13: Post by SJM (original poster) »

All right, with a few more words than Marko was able to describe it, I think these directions will work.

How to store Button and/or Slider programming so it can be moved to Artisan on another computer. (e.g. from laptop to a desktop).

This is done using the Pallettes Tab in the Events Dialogue. Events > Pallettes.

Source Machine (laptop)
1. Open the "Palettes" tab in the Events dialog (Events> Pallettes)
2. Click "Transfer To" to store the buttons/slider settings in the selected palette (eg. "palette #0")
3. Click "Save" to store all palette data into a file (e.g. buttons.apal)
4. Send the .apal file to Dropbox (or however you want to be able to find it from the Destination machine)

Target Machine
4. Open the "Palettes" tab in the Events dialog (Events> Pallettes)
5. Click "Load" find and identify the .apal file (e.g. Dropbox > buttons.apal)
6. Click "Transfer From" from the selected palette (eg. "palette #0") to restore the buttons/slider settings

rgrosz

#14: Post by rgrosz »

MaKoMo wrote:I wouldn't mess with the registry on Windows. Instead save and load buttons and slider settings as part of the so called palettes.
See also: http://artisan-roasterscope.blogspot.de ... ettes.html
I just reinstalled Windows on my desktop PC, and tried using this palate-based approach. It only transferred a few of the settings that I wanted, as shown in the first screen shot:

I really did NOT want to manually edit the other "50 things" that I had changed over the last two years of using artisan. So I decided to follow the registry-based approach instead. The most important area for storing user settings in artisan appears to be here:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\YourQuest\Artisan

There are exactly three items that contain path information (drive letters and folder names): profilepath, autosavepath and alarmsfile.
I installed artisan to drive D: on my laptop versus E: on my desktop, so I changed those paths by hand (using Notepad++). After importing the laptop's registry data to my desktop PC, artisan looks like I want it:

LMWDP #556

SJM (original poster)

#15: Post by SJM (original poster) »

You can also try using the Save Settings feature under the Help menu.
There is a discussion of the difference between using Palettes and Save Settings in the October archives of the Artisan-User list here:
http://lists.mokelbu.de/pipermail/artis ... /date.html

rgrosz

#16: Post by rgrosz »

I guess that is a new feature that was added recently. I'm using version 9.3, which allows you to view or search settings - but no save option under Help.
LMWDP #556

SJM (original poster)

#17: Post by SJM (original poster) »

Artisan is up to .9.8.6.
I don't know when Save Settings, Load Settings, Load Recent Settings got added, but there have been a lot of additions and improvements since 9.3