Building an Espresso Machine - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
bostonbuzz

#21: Post by bostonbuzz »

and can handle the heat
They usually only are rated for 200 degrees Fahrenheit. I would not recommend it.
With the E61 group, I have 2 options
What??? Why would you replace the mechanical, fail-safe, idiot proof and awesome lever for an automated system? I'm not sure of your reasoning, but I'd suggest taking another look at how these groupheads work. On, or off. The middle position is rarely used by 90% of E-61 users, and only if it's plumbed in. Automating it only makes sense if you are going to be pulling shots from another room or country via computer. Jsut lift the lever to brew, then control with a knob.
LMWDP #353

fancycoconut (original poster)

#22: Post by fancycoconut (original poster) »

bostonbuzz wrote:They usually only are rated for 200 degrees Fahrenheit. I would not recommend it.
I just got off the phone with them, it's fine, even reading their schematics you can see they are rated to 248 F...
bostonbuzz wrote:What??? Why would you replace the mechanical, fail-safe, idiot proof and awesome lever for an automated system? I'm not sure of your reasoning, but I'd suggest taking another look at how these groupheads work. On, or off. The middle position is rarely used by 90% of E-61 users, and only if it's plumbed in. Automating it only makes sense if you are going to be pulling shots from another room or country via computer. Jsut lift the lever to brew, then control with a knob.
I literally just said I would keep the lever... And have both manual and automatic settings.... :evil:

bostonbuzz

#23: Post by bostonbuzz »

You literally just said were deciding between options, but I'll refrain from quoting. No disrespect intended, I'm just trying to help you avoid making a mistake.
LMWDP #353