Breville Duo-Temp won't turn on

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
negrocorto

#1: Post by negrocorto »

Went to turn on my Breville Duo-Temp to check out a new batch of beans, and the "On" switch did nothing; it won't turn on at all. Breville customer support told me this machine doesn't have a re-set switch, but I wonder if it does, but just not "user serviceable". Anyone have this problem before, or a clue on how to fix this?

Thanks

DavidMLewis

#2: Post by DavidMLewis »

You have probably done this, but the first thing to try is moving it to a different outlet, ideally on a different circuit, or taking something else and plugging it in where the machine is now. Assuming that checks out, unplug, empty, and remove the cover. Then look for a fuse, which is often part of the power input itself. If nothing at all happens, also look at the switch itself with an ohmmeter. If you have continuity from the cord through the switch, open the brain if you can and look for a fuse there, or for a fuse or reset in the neutral line. Was this preceded by anything unusual, like an over-temperature condition for some reason? Also measure the resistance from the heating element contacts to the chassis of the machine; it should be infinite. Good luck.

Best,
David

Advertisement
negrocorto (original poster)

#3: Post by negrocorto (original poster) »

Thanks David. I've done what you suggested, minus tearing into it. Before I did, I was hoping to hear that others had dealt with this and could perhaps save me some time. I'll open it up this weekend.