ESPRO Travel Press (Kickstarter)

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
ira
Team HB

#1: Post by ira »

Espro just announced a new travel mug/brewer.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/br ... avel-press

Ira

Bak Ta Lo
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by Bak Ta Lo »

Since I recently accidentally broke my Hario small french press, I will back this and give it a try.
LMWDP #371

FireBurnDread

#3: Post by FireBurnDread »

Backed it too; looks like a really versatile version of the 8 oz Espro Press which is long overdue for an update.
Can't wait to compare the paper immersion method to a Clever Dripper

unix04

#4: Post by unix04 »

Nice! I'm in!

Bob_M

#5: Post by Bob_M »

If it could hold 500 ml of water and 30 grams of ground coffee I'd be in.

Bodka Coffee

#6: Post by Bodka Coffee »

I ordered the 2 pack. It will be interesting to try and I will probably give one to my dad.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#7: Post by baldheadracing »

Successfully funded. I am cautiously confident about this coffee-related Kickstarter project being able to deliver what was promised. I guess that I will find out in March...
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

baldheadracing
Team HB

#8: Post by baldheadracing »

baldheadracing wrote:... I guess that I will find out in March...
... that production will be delayed.
...we have decided to pause the production to ensure the tooling delivers exactly what our design requires - and that the product delivers on our promise of as close to the perfect travel coffee and tea press as our minds can muster!

We are sorting through the implications as I write this. We believe it means a 90-120 day delay in delivery to correct the tooling...

We will be adding a small gift as a thank you for being patient! All our coffee lovers are going to get 100 filters! Our tea lovers will get a sample of one of our favorite teas, free in your shipment!
So, 75 extra filters. I would have preferred the tea, but no doubt that would be confusing!

Bodka Coffee

#9: Post by Bodka Coffee »

Sounds like they are being particular. But that's good, right? Looking forward to getting mine.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#10: Post by baldheadracing »

It's here! There was a paint change and the original blue colour was dropped so choices were white, black, or unfinished. The white is quite shiny, like a baked enamel or a gloss powdercoat. In daylight it is a pearl metallic. Very nice. Please excuse the poor white balance.

Size comparison to Lido2 - all the bits - I thought that the paper filters would have been formed/pleated

Size comparison to large Espro press
Hard to see, but the lid is nicely shaped to be comfortable to the lips.This may. Become my default travel mug.