Propane lever espresso machines

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Bodka Coffee

#1: Post by Bodka Coffee »

Does someone have a list of available propane lever machines that can also be run on 110v?

phillip canuck

#2: Post by phillip canuck »

I don't have a list, but I do have a propane burner for my 110V two group Rancilio Z9 from 1979 or so.

-phillip

drgary
Team HB

#3: Post by drgary »

Also no list but Conti makes a lever that can be gas or electric. I don't know if it could be both. This machine still uses their terrific Prestina group.

http://www.conti-espresso.com/produit/cc100_pm
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

TheJavaCup77

#4: Post by TheJavaCup77 »

If you're talking about a lever machine that can be run with a 110v heating coil and a propane burner at the same time..... I've no clue....

But there's always a method to retrofit a heating coil into an existing propane system....
It could be as complex or as simple as you want. It's the choice of the barista.

Bodka Coffee (original poster)

#5: Post by Bodka Coffee (original poster) »

Thanks. I won't be using both electricity and propane to heat at same time. I would be using where there may not be enough power at times and sometimes it would be used where there is plenty of juice. :D

Bodka Coffee (original poster)

#6: Post by Bodka Coffee (original poster) »

Any idea what that Conti 100pm would cost in a 2 group?

JimH

#7: Post by JimH »

As long as you are considering a 2 group, it would be worth your time to ask Astoria, they have all the parts to make a 110V and gas fired lever. It would undoubtedly be a special order, but given their willingness to make raised group machines I think they might be amenable. You might also want to inquire at Quality Espresso, the folks that make Futurmat, Italcrem and Visacrem. They made 110V 2 groups in the past, and they still make levers (although I believe they no longer market levers in the US.)