Draining La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II for shipping

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
YseanY

#1: Post by YseanY »

I'm in the process of prepping my Mini Vivaldi II for shipping and have 2 quick questions on the draining the boiler.

For the steam boiler, I assume the nut on top of the water tank in the picture below is the one I should be removing to drain steam boiler? I tried loosening this nut and after a few turns, it seems to start to tighten again (the nut comes loose first and then starts to tighten again). I was afraid of continuing or forcing it so I'm checking to make sure I'm doing the correctly.

And to drain the brew boiler, is the below the correct procedure?
"To drain the brew boiler, empty the water reservoir and turn the machine off. Then press and hold the hot water button on the left and then press the on/off button and release while continuing to hold the hot water button. Lean the machine forward a little bit while doing this and then release the button when no more water comes out then empty the drip tray."

Thanks in advance!

YseanY (original poster)

#2: Post by YseanY (original poster) »

Found the answers to my questions! Learned that the brew boiler does not need to be drained since I'm shipping ground along the west coast, not susceptible to freezing.