New La Pavoni Professional Lusso safety valve emptying tank at 0.25bar - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
andlaz (original poster)

#11: Post by andlaz (original poster) »

i removed the valve, found it to be clean and undamaged, took a couple photos and put it back. This alone seem to have solved the problem. No air or steam rising from it at any point of the heat-up. Pressure quickly settles at 0.75bar.

Maybe just a lazy assembly.
I attached the pictures in case you are curious. Looks like your standard millennium safety valve. I was expecting the plastic mushroom but can't remember why.

Thanks again, everyone!

Advertisement
homeburrero
Team HB

#12: Post by homeburrero »

andlaz wrote:Maybe just a lazy assembly.
That makes sense. Good to know that's a potential cause, and is so easy to fix. Thanks for the nice report back.

BTW,
If anyone is contemplating retrofitting an older machine with the anti-vacuum safety valve, beware that the threaded cap and seat are different (see parts 18 vs parts 23 in parts catalog clip below) so you can't get away with simply upgrading the spring and av valve.
Pat
nínádiishʼnahgo gohwééh náshdlį́į́h

grog

#13: Post by grog »

I did find that replacing the steel ball in my 1980 and 1963 Europiccolas with the modern plastic mushroom fitting was an improvement over the steel ball. I have a manometer on the '80 and it now holds steady at 1 bar on high. With the steel ball it went to about .75 bar.

Swapping them out took about 2 minutes at the most.
LMWDP #514

jsphang

#14: Post by jsphang »

stefano65 wrote: it will hiss for a while until the water is dried out,
if of course it will leak after that
try to tap on the safety valve cover with a soft tool to see if it will seat, it not follow the descaling cleaning replacing etc etc,

<image>
Hi! Stefano65,

This is exactly what I'm facing. I received my new La Pavoni last week. I've used my machine about 20 times. 4 times out of these 20 times in past week, randomly my safety valve leaked non-stop. But will stop when I tap on the safety valve cover with La Pavoni plastic tamper. Is all the new La Pavoni behave like this? Do I still need to remove the valve and clean it? Or, no matter what we do, the new valve system still behave as you described above?

If need to remove the valve for cleaning, do we need to hold securely the nut below the reservoir while unscrewing the chrome nut?

Thanks.