Redbird

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
James Mulryan

#1: Post by James Mulryan »

Wanted to recommend Jeff to all.
Hands on owner. Had two conversations on phone to discuss my needs prior to ordering. His recommendations for vacuum packing 5 lbs orders and finding the best blend with chocolate flavors was very helpful. Owning a Speedster does not hurt.... :D

emradguy
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by emradguy »

LOL. Dude, there are like...500 posts about RedBird on here and CoffeeGeek...and that's just in the dedicated RedBird threads!
LMWDP #748

Advertisement
James Mulryan (original poster)

#3: Post by James Mulryan (original poster) »

Know at least Jeff appreciated the props. Sorry for my newbie faux pas.

Bodka Coffee

#4: Post by Bodka Coffee replying to James Mulryan »

That's ok. Welcome here! Please feel free to share your experiences.

DanoM

#5: Post by DanoM »

James Mulryan wrote:Wanted to recommend Jeff to all.
Hands on owner. Had two conversations on phone to discuss my needs prior to ordering. His recommendations for vacuum packing 5 lbs orders and finding the best blend with chocolate flavors was very helpful. Owning a Speedster does not hurt.... :D
So which coffee did you end up getting from Redbird? How's it working out in the cup once you get it? When I had Redbird in the past we enjoyed those 'classic' roasting styles.

(I'll throw in a recommendation for Bodka too. David has some really nice SO & blends that make some really nice 'classic' espresso with those chocolate & nutty notes.)

So many roasters and just not enough pulls to keep up!
LMWDP #445

#6: Post by James Mulryan (original poster) »

Purchased the following
2lbs Blue Jag
1lbs Red Bird Espresso
1lbs Costa Rica La Magnolia
I think it is fantastic that you can call the owner on the phone, and discuss and the pricing is so reasonable.

Should receive on Redbird on Thursday, will report back after sampling.

Currently using Caffe Luxxe out of Santa Monica, and recently enjoyed Octane Gravy out of Atlanta
Luxxe might be a bit dark for me, Octane was perfect for my cappuccinos
My wife loves Luxxe, straight espresso for her.
will see....

emradguy
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by emradguy »

James Mulryan wrote:Know at least Jeff appreciated the props. Sorry for my newbie faux pas.
Yeah, sorry...didn't mean to make you feel unwelcome. I'm glad you found Jeff too...and agree he's an awesome guy. I've talked to him on the phone too. In our house, all of our decaf is RB, and both the Blue Jag and regular RB are in my rotation. I also love his Guatemalan Bella Carmona for press pot.
LMWDP #748

Advertisement

#8: Post by James Mulryan (original poster) »

No problem, HB is a fantastic forum and I look forward to making new friends.