Single Dosing My Baratza Vario Success! - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
nismo270r

#21: Post by nismo270r »

Coffeedude wrote:Got the PM thanks, I'll try again later. Still a little stumped getting the chute off, I feel like if I pull on it its gonna snap or brake something.
Yeah, you definitely need to slide it before pulling. Once you get it slid off of the track it will move about very freely.
Chris
LMWDP #509

Coffeedude

#22: Post by Coffeedude replying to nismo270r »

Yeah I must be doing something totally wrong lol. On my Vario taking those screws out by the motor and flexing it away does nothing, the chute moves with the motor making it even tighter. I can press on it and the chute moves down a bit, but even prying with a flat head doesn't make it come off. I have no clue how this chute is on so tight.

Edit - called Baratza to ask but they wouldn't tell me how to pop the chute off and advised not to. Mine is holding multiple grams, like 5+ , no clue how others are single dosing this way with the flap, I can see the grounds compacted up the chute. These are non oily lighter medium roast beans also.

nismo270r

#23: Post by nismo270r replying to Coffeedude »

After taking the screws out, it shouldn't "flex away" the motor and grinder housing should pull apart some vertically. I'm due to take mine apart this week/weekend for cleaning, so I'll snap some pics then.
Chris
LMWDP #509

Coffeedude

#24: Post by Coffeedude replying to nismo270r »

Cool thanks.

nismo270r

#25: Post by nismo270r replying to Coffeedude »

Going through my phone tonight, I realized I took all of these pics and never posted them! :roll: I know this is an older thread, but for search-ability and clarity I figure I should go ahead and post these up...

Aside from the two screws in the photo with the red arrow on the first page, you have to take out the two screws on the front side underneath to the left and right of the dosing chute to get the grinder to separate:

This shows how the chute slides up, exposing the path from the grinding chamber:

This is how the flap is installed normally:

And how it looks reversed:

In this pic, you can see the grooves in that the chute uses to slide on:

Finally, installed with the flap reversed:
Chris
LMWDP #509