Crossland CC1 showing E1

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
RockyMountain

#1: Post by RockyMountain »

Hi all,
My CC1 (getting close to 2 year old) displayed E1 today. No more able to get to temperature.
Wondering if anyone went through that before.
Thank you

maccompatible

#2: Post by maccompatible »

The manual says "E1" indicates the boiler can't reach brew temperature within an hour. The thermostat or heating element may need to be replaced. Call whoever you bought if from, hopefully someone with good customer service.

Source: http://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/assets ... manual.pdf
"Wait. People drink coffee just for the caffeine??"
LMWDP #628

RockyMountain (original poster)

#3: Post by RockyMountain (original poster) »

Thank you. Yes, I have that manual and I started there, and was pretty much at the same conclusion. I'd like to see if it's thermostat or heating element prior to shipping it back. Anyone has gone through that before?

Billc

#4: Post by Billc »

If you email me I can send you some troubleshooting tips.

Essentially you will check a couple of things to diagnose the problem. You will need a current meter or a voltage meter. When the machine is ON, and showing the flashing 3 bars in the display you will want to look for the LED that indicates the electronics is send the signal for the heating element to turn on. If this LED is ON then you will need to check the voltage at the coffee boiler heating element.

If there is voltage at the heating element, then most likely the heating element is not functioning.

If there is no voltage at the heating element then you will need to check the thermal fuse (attached to the top of the boiler). With the machine off you can check the continuity across the thermal fuse by removing it for the boiler. Then uncover by sliding the insulation away from the boiler end of the wire. You can check also with a voltage meter by measuring voltage before and after the thermal fuse. CAUTION HIGH VOLTAGE.

If the thermal use has activated (not working) then you will need to replace.

BillC

erics
Supporter ★

#5: Post by erics »

If you email me I can send you some troubleshooting tips.
Could you also send me those troubleshooting tips and the manual(s) for the CC1? Do we have your "OK" to POSSIBLY include that material in the downloads section: /downloads/

My email address is below my sig.

Much Thanks.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

#6: Post by RockyMountain (original poster) »

Thank you Bill. This makes sense. That's high school level, I can do that (even though I have regressed a lot since that time, according to my wife) :)
Will email you separately as requested.
Regards

#7: Post by RockyMountain (original poster) »

I want to provide an update and to command Bill.

The machine works as if new. There was a very simple, minor change to perform. Bill was extremely gracious in supporting me through that process.

I am extremely impressed with the Crossland brand and how it stands behind its production to serve its customers. Where many (most/all) bigger brands would have pointed to date of purchase and some legalese to drive me to throw my gear in the trash and buy a new one, Crossland acted the way one would want every vendor to act.

Vendor commitment builds customer loyalty. My next machine will be a Crossland.