USDA -Reduce obesity with Espresso

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
insatiableOne

#1: Post by insatiableOne »

Sorry old article, but I was wanting to reiterate how many calories in a shot. ( Could not remember )
3: whole calories per ounce

What more excuse do I need!
Thanks USDA!!!

According to a study published in the journal "Obesity" in June 2013, a moderate daily coffee consumption in overweight and obese individuals reduced calorie intake at the next meal and reduced total daily calorie intake. The results were produced when people consumed 3 to 6 milligrams of caffeine per kilogram of body weight per day from coffee. According to the USDA National Nutrient Database, 1 fluid ounce of espresso has roughly 64 milligrams of caffeine.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/30108 ... ight-loss/

So for every 150 lbs= six shots........ Yay for us!
Just wanted to remind everyone the health benefits of espresso. :mrgreen:

DanoM

#2: Post by DanoM »

Well, I can tell you that days with a couple shots or cappuccinos I eat less at meals. On the weekend I can use espresso/cappuccino to get rid of higher calorie munchies. Overall, it's been a pretty good "diet" system! :lol:
LMWDP #445

Advertisement
maccompatible

#3: Post by maccompatible »

That makes a lot of sense. I remember drinking my first good espresso and thinking "wow! It's so satisfying and is only 50 calories" (it was a macchiato). Nice to see some research to back that up.
"Wait. People drink coffee just for the caffeine??"
LMWDP #628

insatiableOne (original poster)

#4: Post by insatiableOne (original poster) replying to maccompatible »

coffee play a role in helping people to lose weight and reduce the risk of adult-onset diabetes!
article below on diabetes!
Oh there has been plenty of research look how FOX news did an article on http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/03/2 ... loss-tool/

Not to keep throwing them out there ... but yes, definitely cool there has been extensive research to back up their evidence.