Grindmaster Espressimo 2100 (HX) OVERHEATING - help!

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
gungabin

#1: Post by gungabin »

I bought a Grindmaster Espressimo 2100 (HX) from a resteraunt auction 5-6 months ago. It has worked perfect ever since I Got it. I use an inline filter on the machine for the water. I have no idea what the internals of the machine look like but like I said, it has worked perfect for the last 5 months or so. I came in the cafe today and it was hissing and overheated to 3 bars pressure. It usually stays around 1.5. The safety presure release valve on the boiler was causing the hissing sound. About 2 weeks ago we decided to leave the machine on instead of turning it off at night and on in the morning. I did this based on the advice of a guy who fixes espresso machines. Anyway, I dont know whats wrong with it and I need to fix this machine by Sunday.. Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks!

erics
Supporter ★

#2: Post by erics »

More than likely, the pressurestat control has failed. HOWEVER, the pressurestat for these machines is really a temperature control and carried p/n 60102. I would rule that getting it fixed by Sunday would be a minor miracle.

Give these guys a call and see if they have that part or can help you troubleshoot - 3-Wire Parts Distributors - (855)-493-5908 . You can email me and I can send you the manual for this machine.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

Advertisement
gungabin (original poster)

#3: Post by gungabin (original poster) »

my email is ben4hand@gmail.com. Please send me that, Thanks for your help!