Dimensions of the Profitec Pro 700

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
neutro

#1: Post by neutro »

Hi all, first time posting in these forums but occasional lurker.

I don't use any espresso gear right now (I just retired a malfunctioning Faema Family and can't be bothered setting up my Saeco Aroma right now) but I'm on the verge of buying a dual-boiler machine and accompanying grinder.

I slowly managed to focus my choice on either the Rocket R58 or the Profitec Pro 700 and I'm now leaning toward the Profitec machine. However I just had the idea to actually measure the clearance between my cabinets and counter tops, which is a tad above 16.25".

The R58 is quoted as being 16.15" high while the Pro 700 is supposed to have a height of 16.5" or 420 mm (which is in fact a bit above 16.5"), which at first sight seems to eliminate the Profitec machine from the equation. Given the tight fit however, I'm sure I won't be using the top of the machine for warming cups so I can remove the cup rail in both machine.

I was wondering if the 420 mm figure in the Pro 700 includes the cup rail or not. I couldn't find this information anywhere so I wondered if a Pro 700 owner could check this out for me. The same goes for the R58, although it's guaranteed to fit.

The low clearance being due to recessed lighting, I could even try other solutions to make the Pro 700 fit (at places I only need 3-4 mm more), such as foot mods or buffing the cabinets.

Thanks!

Devin H

#2: Post by Devin H »

I'll try to remember to measure mine tomorrow evening. If you don't hear back from me in a day, feel free to PM me to remind me. Love my Profitec!

Advertisement
kwantfm

#3: Post by kwantfm »

Just measured my Profitec 700 and it is 420 mm high with cup warming tray and 385 mm (15.2"?) without.
LMWDP #602

neutro (original poster)

#4: Post by neutro (original poster) »

Thank you so much! This is awesome as it means the machine will fit comfortably under the cabinets without the tray.

There aren't many reviews of the Pro 700 out there but I've only read positive things about it. Honestly though, while I appreciate the few engineering perks relative to the R58 (stainless steel boilers, spring-action valves, etc.) I think it's the shot timer that makes me want it that much :D

smite

#5: Post by smite »

Good deal, congratulations on the pick. It is a great machine and shot timer is nice.

I have mine and really can't say enough good things about it. My only planned improvement to the machine is to plumb in a drain since I have been spoiled with my last two machines that way.