2014 Hong Kong Barista Championship

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Bak Ta Lo
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by Bak Ta Lo »

Amazing that it is already time for the next barista champion competition cycle to start. I was lucky to get to go over and spend the day yesterday to see the final round at the Hong Kong Restaurant and Bar Show.

Lots of EK43 shots, including the winning barista, Dawn Chan from the Cupping Room Team. Cupping Room is the shop owned by Kapo Chiu, WBC runner up last year, and multiple year HKBC champion.

Big congrats to Dawn, it will be fun to cheer him on in Seattle next year!

Awesome barista and roaster Vincent Hung, owner of Brew Note, and 1st runner up at the HKBC yesterday.

World Barista Championship 1st runner up, Kapo, retired from competition, now coaching and bringing several of the days top baristas to the competition.

The growth of the specialty coffee world here is really remarkable, and the number of excellent baristas, trainers, equipment suppliers, and shops just keeps going up each year.

Thanks to local coffee supplier HiangKie Coffee Group, I was happy to get to pull some shots and make some capps on the new Victoria Arduino Black Eagle VA388 It steams like a dream, a really amazing machine. Luckily, a beautiful barista from Shanghai there working in the booth with me too.

Also had many amazing vodkas from my Macau friends booth, imported from Mongolia, her home country. Her and her little sister in full costume, they were a big hit at the show. :D
LMWDP #371

yakster
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by yakster »

Looks like fun, thanks for sharing.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272