Replacement Faema Faemina steam wand? - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Coffeecritter (original poster)

#11: Post by Coffeecritter (original poster) »

Good news - Julius has the steam wand and will send one to me. Thank you, Marcel, for the suggestion.

Sue
Life's too short to live in Dallas!

LMWDP #157

yakster
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by yakster »

Paul_Pratt wrote:Well there is a snag. It seems the pipe nut that should be 1/4 bspp is actually not. It would seem to be either an M12 x 1.0mm. Never comes across this before so it will need more time and will involve sourcing a tap and making custom end pipe nuts. The steam tip fittings are also metric M10 x 1.0mm so it is possible that it is M12 x 1.0mm, I will have to measure properly to see the correct size, but the threads are 1.0mm.
I wonder if something like this Hispano Suiza M12-1.0 Compression Nut could be used to attach a steam wand to the Faemina. It's a brass compression nut with M12-1.0 thread and a 6 mm hole. It would be interesting if this could be used (with the hole possibly drilled out) with an existing articulating steam wand kit.

-Chris

LMWDP # 272

yakster
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by yakster »

Paul_Pratt wrote:Well there is a snag. It seems the pipe nut that should be 1/4 bspp is actually not. It would seem to be either an M12 x 1.0mm. Never comes across this before so it will need more time and will involve sourcing a tap and making custom end pipe nuts. The steam tip fittings are also metric M10 x 1.0mm so it is possible that it is M12 x 1.0mm, I will have to measure properly to see the correct size, but the threads are 1.0mm.
The threads are 1.0, my thread sizer came in, but the pipe nut appears to be M11 M12 x 1.0 and the steam tip fitting M8 x 1.0. I'm still waiting for my nut sizer to come in to confirm this and still trying to find parts to make my own longer steam wand.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

yakster
Supporter ♡

#14: Post by yakster »

yakster wrote:The threads are 1.0, my thread sizer came in, but the pipe nut appears to be M11 x 1.0 and the steam tip fitting M8 x 1.0. I'm still waiting for my nut sizer to come in to confirm this and still trying to find parts to make my own longer steam wand.
My bolt sizer came in and the pipe nut fitting is really a M12 x 1.0 and the steam tip is an M8 x 1.0. Still appears to be not that common a size.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

cuppajoe

#15: Post by cuppajoe »

Wondering if anyone might know of aftermarket tips that could be re-tapped to M8 x 1.0. An Espro Toroid frothing jug helped a lot using the stock tip with two holes plugged, but still not completely happy with it.
David - LMWDP 448

My coffee wasn't strong enough to defend itself - Tom Waits