Remove "Caution hot" sticker from E61 grouphead

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
hrbrun

#1: Post by hrbrun »

It is probably adviced against and even breaking the law in some countries. But I am considering removing the "Caution hot" sticker from my E61 machine. Asuming that the adhesive is very sticky and heat tolerant, how can it be removed without damaging the shiny finish? Oil, alcohol, soap...? Has anyone done this (with success) before?

keno

#2: Post by keno »

That's the first thing I did after setting up my machine. No one wants to look at a stupid warning sticker on their shiny beautiful E61 machine. I doubt that it is against the law for the consumer to remove, but it might be for manufacturers/sellers (at least the lawyers would advise them to have it on there).

If you haven't left it on for an extended period of time through a number of heat cycles it should come off without much residue. But you can easily remove that with a little cooking oil and a soft 100% cotton cloth.

hrbrun (original poster)

#3: Post by hrbrun (original poster) »

Thanks!

Some oil on a cloth and three minutes of rubbing. All gone! After that I used window cleaning on a piece of paper and to finish the cleaning a rub with a microfiber cloth. Shiny all the way.

Irony is so hard to make clear in writing, I mean the comment about breaking the law :)

contraflow88
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by contraflow88 »

If you still have residue use goo gone it's perfect for stuff like this.

keno

#5: Post by keno »

Glad it worked out for you Magnus, you lawbreaker! :wink:

Yes, it's definitely hard to communicate irony in email. Wasn't sure whether you were serious or not. There are tags on some items (eg, furniture) in the US that say "Not to be removed under penalty of the law" and some people think that applies to them when it only applies to the manufacturer/seller, not the consumer.

mgthompson

#6: Post by mgthompson »

It is probably adviced against and even breaking the law in some countries. But I am considering removing the "Caution hot" sticker from my E61 machine.

Irony? I've already contacted local law enforcement. :twisted:

hrbrun (original poster)

#7: Post by hrbrun (original poster) »

Let them come! I have that sticker on my forehead now, let's see if the enforcement dares to touch me :lol: