Elektra 60s 2group pump problem

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
ed63

#1: Post by ed63 »

Hi all,
I have an Elektra 60s Levetta which has 2004 build date. It was purchased from a private seller (a solicitor) who was selling due to divorce. It was clear from the condition this unit has never been used in a commercial environment, however was clogged up due to neglect. After a thorough clean and partial dismantle of the group heads and solenoids, the unit was working like a dream. Recently I notice that during warm up, the unit develops false pressure. I typically bleed the pressure and the warm up continues. This was fine for a few weeks then I notice that when the unit is switched on, it makes a humming sound and the solenoid lights (red) go on. This seemed to be resolved by repeatedly switching the machine on and off a few times till it corrected it'self. In addition, when the lever is pulled, the machine allows water through at line pressure but with the same humming sound as above. No, the Elektra 60s does not have pre-infusion option! Again, flickering with the lever appears to rectify this problem and on with the show! The pause in the pump activating does not appear to happen when the machine is at full temperature. Winter here in Melbourne Australia does not go below 5degrees Celsius so freezing is not what I would consider a factor. Could anyone assist with a possible solution? I am hoping that this is not a pre-cursor to having the pump replaced.... :(