Have a look at this profile Toper 3KG - Page 4

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
boar_d_laze

#31: Post by boar_d_laze »

Your Drying interval is too short; the Ramp interval is too long; you need a better ratio between them for the sweet, Central American profile you say you want. Drying should be at least as long as Ramp. Although, I'd say 5:00, 5:00 is very fast. That particular style is unhurried.

At least that's my take on it. I'm not saying that hot, fast and sweet isn't a doable thing with SHBs. It's very doable. But you'll get a lot more varietal character, and a lot less "bottom" than a slower roast. Maybe you should talk to someone who does a lot of light roasting. It's a horse of a different color. It occurs to me that "Central American" style and "light roast" may not be possible in the same roast. But what's in a name?

ET and BT plots crossing one another might be probe placement. My ET thermocouple is actually in the exhaust manifold. Because of placement and airflow (I use a lot of air during Development) the ET readout always drops below BT before 1stCs, and remains that way though the end of the roast.

Rich
Drop a nickel in the pot Joe. Takin' it slow. Waiter, waiter, percolator

ozgur

#32: Post by ozgur »

Hi Charlie
Are you getting the results that you wanted to achive in the first place?
Ozgur