Repaint of an Olympia Cremina frame - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
OldNuc

#11: Post by OldNuc »

I have found either one to be the easy solution to all kinds of finishing disasters. KG Industries has a line of oven cure coatings that if not exposed to extremely harsh environments do a good job and have a thin film that does not interfere with proper reassembly. Interior maintenance/restoration on a machine that is used with heat, electricity or gas, and water/steam can be challenging.

Christo

#12: Post by Christo »

Looks great! Will you post photos of it assembled? I would love to see the black frame with the rest of the machine.
Chris
LMWDP #476

Advertisement
RedMan (original poster)

#13: Post by RedMan (original poster) replying to Christo »

Thank you JohnB and Rich for lots of good information on different coatings.

The cover on mine has some scars so I would like to repaint that too, as soon as time permits.
It has even started to rust a tiny little bit at the two spots where it rests against the drip tray,
so your info here will be of good help when I get around to it.
(I've seen mentioned several places it is common on these machines that all paint/primer gets scratched
off right there because of rubbing and long term wear).
Thank you. I put in a picture at the end of the thread linked to in the first post.
Not the best pic maybe with light coming from the background. Here is another one from a different angle.

Boldjava

#14: Post by Boldjava »

I had my case powder coated a shiny rain puddle black. An ever so slight dent, which didn't appear in original paint, shows in the finish now. Not a big deal but something to be aware of when powder coating.
-----
LMWDP #339

OldNuc

#15: Post by OldNuc »

The shiny supposedly flat surfaces will do that, any color. This is where so serious surface prep comes into play and it is going to take several attempts to get the surface smooth enough to not look like a fun house mirror.