Best cold-brewing device? - Page 5

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#41: Post by FotonDrv »

Dave, is your "Pre-wet" hot or cold?

Thanks for the info :)
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

cannonfodder
Team HB

#42: Post by cannonfodder »

Cold. I take a drip coffee filter and cut it the diameter of the vac pot upper I am using to hold the grounds. I also have the metal filter in the bottom not a cloth. I will rinse the filter then put it on top of the coffee bed. Then I drizzle cold tap water on it until I see it is wet through the entire coffee bed. I put it on the beaker and start the drip, about 1 drip every second or slightly slower. It drips for many hours. I usually start it in the evening and it is finished when I get up in the morning.
Dave Stephens

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#43: Post by FotonDrv »

Thanks Dave :)

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#44: Post by FotonDrv »

I can say that the Bruer folks sure do have good customer support! There was a wee small flaw in the glass of the tower and I photographed the flaw (small glob of glass on the I.D. of the tower) and inquired about it with Bruer. They, Bruer, immediately sent me a new tower, now questions asked or nothing to be sent to them. All I did was send a few photos :)

Great service and a nice way to get smooth coffee!

Spitz.me

#45: Post by Spitz.me »

I ordered the Bruer and am excited to use it. It's been a couple years I've been making cold brew with a long steeping method overnight (aka Toddy method). This machine will give me some parameters to work with in an easy to use package.
LMWDP #670

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#46: Post by FotonDrv »

Spitz.me wrote:I ordered the Bruer and am excited to use it. It's been a couple years I've been making cold brew with a long steeping method overnight. This machine will give me some parameters to work with in an easy to use package.
To get an overnight drip seems awfully long, how do you accomplish it?

Spitz.me

#47: Post by Spitz.me »

I just edited my post. It's a steeping method similar to the Toddy, but more work since I used the Eva Solo to steep overnight. Problem was, the coffee was good to great, but the filtration was a terrible process for very little coffee. Solo's don't hold much if you also have about 100g of coffee with ice inside.
LMWDP #670

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#48: Post by FotonDrv »

I understand now, thanks!