Artisan statistics question [SOLVED] - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
johnny4lsu (original poster)

#11: Post by johnny4lsu (original poster) »

rgrosz wrote:You can also change the axes displayed after the roast finishes: Config / Axes. You should set the minimum at 0:00, and max about 1 minute after the drop.
Can you be more specific...I'm not seeing where I can change this max for after the drop

#12: Post by johnny4lsu (original poster) »

fu11c17y wrote:It's most likely not the cause but I would check the thermocouple type setting on your digital meter. I dont know what would give you a approx 63degF offset at FC (usually around 370F for Ethiopia on my Hottop). If it's the wrong thermocouple type setting, the graph would look a bit skewed too.

If that's not it, and if you think the scaling on the Y axis looks ok, that the temp error is just an offset, I wonder if Artisan would let you program a pre-defined offset just so the graph gets shifted up correctly.
You sir may be the bomb.com...It was set to J type...Roasting now to see if the problem is resolved. I have a lot of hope now!!!!!!

ETA: PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Thanks so much!!!

JimG

#13: Post by JimG »

J-type is more sensitive than K, i.e., it generates more millivolts per degree. So if your meter is set for J, and you feed it K, the meter will significantly underestimate the actual temperatures.

Jim

rgrosz

#14: Post by rgrosz »

Use the menu in artisan - see image 1. Then select Config / Axes, and you can change the Min / Max values.

LMWDP #556
Life is too short to drink bad wine - or bad coffee

fu11c17y

#15: Post by fu11c17y »

That's awesome. I'm happy for you :D

#16: Post by johnny4lsu (original poster) »

Thank you all!!

Also, that's the settings that I was using...Just making sure that I wasn't missing something with the axes settings....I'm so happy that I didn't tear my machine down

#17: Post by johnny4lsu (original poster) »

JimG wrote:J-type is more sensitive than K, i.e., it generates more millivolts per degree. So if your meter is set for J, and you feed it K, the meter will significantly underestimate the actual temperatures.

Jim
Yes sir..I'm an idiot...i was planning to tear my machine down, replace probes, etc...So glad that won't be happening.