New series of barista profiles

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Marshall

#1: Post by Marshall »

Here is another sign of the growing visibility of high end coffee and the baristas who prepare it. Eater LA just started a series of barista profiles, beginning with a (badly edited) interview with Kyle Glanville. As always, Kyle has interesting and provocative things to say: http://la.eater.com/archives/2014/06/09 ... _tiger.php.
Marshall
Los Angeles

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

I saw that the other day, thanks for sharing it, because I didn't know they were intending on making a series of interviews out of it. I must have missed that part. Part of me really wishes I still lived in LA. The coffee scene down there likely rivals any place else now.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

dumpshot
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by dumpshot »

From the article:
"It takes a creative style of service and how we talk to customers. We've basically mandated staff wide that we don't initiated any "education moments" withour customers. It's pretty hard to try and education somebody on something they've enjoyed every day without them feeling condescended to. We just try to serve them something that's wonderful and do it in a way that's kind. We have a real customer service doctrine and approach that brings people in. We don't offer a lot of different kinds of milks or drinks, but we serve things that appeal broadly and serve it in a way that appeals to everybody."

I love this approach! I got a chance to make my first visit to Go Get 'Em Tiger a few weeks ago. My biggest takeaway from it was the extra friendly service. The gal that served us seemed genuinely pleased to be given the chance to talk about their products when I asked about their pastries and coffee.

It doesn't matter the type of establishment. People just want to be treated kindly. They really nail it at GGet. Makes me want to hang out there.

And the coffee and pastries were amazing!
LMWDP #484