ECM Giotto Project - Page 4

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
buddysharp

#31: Post by buddysharp »

Hey David,

thanks for the great write up and the pictures. Inspired me to take a chance on an old ECM Giotto that I picked up at St. Vincent de Paul store. Had a little piece of paper taped to it that said simply, "needs thermometer". Hoping to get some guidance from your experience.

So first up, green light came on and pump fired. Filled tank and primed manually and nice brown water came out. No heat though. Removed the cover, plenty of rust below and corrosion on the boiler tank fittings as well as the powder coated frame. some leaks here and there, clearly. TStat was slightly corroded, so cleaned contacts, moved the rather flaccid red button a bit, rigged tank back up and fired to see what would happen. switch on, an audible click, but no pump when activated. Uh-oh. checked connections, fired again, heard what can only be described as a slight sizzle and nada. No pump. Have taken pictures of each connection so no switched wires.

So, on faith, I'll order the tstat and I suppose a pstat and start the disassembly and cleaning. Any and all advice appreciated in my thread ECM Giotto died and need a bit of help.