Rossi RR45 - 80 Step?

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Marosmith

#1: Post by Marosmith »

I picked up one of these badged as a Nuova Simoneli very cheap. Appears to be newer and has new burrs.

I've been searching for the parts on the 80 step mod, but can't locate them. Does anyone know where to find them?

another_jim
Team HB

#2: Post by another_jim »

Unless you want to drill 40 extra holes, turn the grinder between two detentes and hold it there while you grind.

In the real world (as opposed to the shiny imaginary world of product specs), most people need to constantly adjust their grinders because their dose weights are inconsistent. Weigh your doses, and 40 steps is more than enough.
Jim Schulman

Marosmith (original poster)

#3: Post by Marosmith (original poster) »

My understanding was there was an 80 step disc that could be purchased and installed, no?

another_jim
Team HB

#4: Post by another_jim »

Neither espresso parts here or coffee parts in Australia show anything but the 48 stop wheel; but you should email them to see if the part exists. Rossi is bankrupt; so it may be tough finding anything.
Jim Schulman

HB
Admin

#5: Post by HB »

It's an old thread, but Rossi RR45 48 position adjustment modification offers a low-cost suggestion.
Dan Kehn

Marosmith (original poster)

#6: Post by Marosmith (original poster) »

another_jim wrote:Neither espresso parts here or coffee parts in Australia show anything but the 48 stop wheel; but you should email them to see if the part exists. Rossi is bankrupt; so it may be tough finding anything.
I emailed them, they are out of stock.

:(