Green Coffee Packaging

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
JavaMD
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by JavaMD »

Just wanted to give a Kudo out to Steve at Bodhi Leaf Coffee Traders. I had sent him a note that I didn't think his bean packaging was up to what I considered "industry standard" after buying some beans for the April Roast and Learn. I had always had my greens come in a resealable bag with a label indicating the contents and maybe some additional info on it (Such as Sweet Maria's/Klatch/Burman/etc. )

I just ordered a Kenyan from them and they have revamped their packaging ... very nice - THANK YOU Steve!
(the Kenya Wanjengi AA is a VERY nice coffee BTW - wonderful long on the finish flavor)

It may seem like a little thing ... but a resealable bag that clearly identifies the contents Rocks!

weebit_nutty

#2: Post by weebit_nutty »

I noticed this too, but did not reuse the ziplock.. I opened and put a portion in my container and vacuum seal the remainder. The zip lock will be repurposed for another use though :)
You're not always right, but when you're right, you're right, right?

Advertisement
Cammie

#3: Post by Cammie »

JavaMD wrote:Just wanted to give a Kudo out to Steve at Bodhi Leaf Coffee Traders. I had sent him a note that I didn't think his bean packaging was up to what I considered "industry standard" after buying some beans for the April Roast and Learn. I had always had my greans come in a resealable bag with a label indicating the contents and maybe some additional info on it (Such as Sweet Maria's/Klatch/Burman/etc. )

I just ordered a Kenyan from them and they have revamped their packaging ... very nice - THANK YOU Steve!
(the Kenya Wanjengi AA is a VERY nice coffee BTW - wonderful long on the finish flavor)

It may seem like a little thing ... but a resealable bag that clearly identifies the contents Rocks!

<image>
Agree with you on the Kenya...picked some up about a week ago...excellent coffee.

Nik

#4: Post by Nik »

I tried Bodhi Leaf for the first time a couple weeks ago. It was a very positive experience. The order process was easy and efficient, the order came just as I expected and the quality of the beans of those that I purchased were excellent. Also, the communication from Steve was something that I didn't expect but was very much appreciated. He told me that they were installing a new label system which I am glad to see the end result.

Another aspect of the beans that I bought was freshness. The most obvious evidence of this was the moisture content but you could also taste it in those that I roasted.

A rare opportunity that home roasters have in buying directly from an importer.

I will continue buying from Bodhi and I wish them well.

Bob