Newbie with ECM Mechanika IV - is this normal?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
shingo43

#1: Post by shingo43 »

Hi, guys

After lots of researches I finally bought a ECM Mechanika IV. Just couple quick questions.

1.I adjust the peak steam pressure at 1.25, and the pressure at steaming is 1. I think that's the correct value but can anyone please confirm?

2.My machine is a HX with rotary pump, I hear it is constantly heating, what that means is that it will heat till steam pressure 1.25 then after 10 seconds the steam pressure drops to 1 and then it will start heating for 10 seconds till the steam pressure hits 1.25, then it will drop to 1 bar, and go on and on, is that normal? My old SB doesn't like that.

3.I just bought a eric thermometer, I am not sure if I installed it correctly. I just took off the plastic tip and screw it on without took it apart first, then I tightened all nuts, does that sound right?

4.It may be stupid but how do I know I am done cooling flush with the thermometer? Before that I just flush till water is no longer dancing, which is about 3-4 seconds only on my machine, but what about now?

Thanks

erics
Supporter ★

#2: Post by erics »

does that sound right?
No.

That is NOT what the instructions say. Please give me a call at 301-587-5033.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

SpaceTime

#3: Post by SpaceTime replying to erics »

Holy smokes, that is what I call service! Post a problem, 11 minutes later you get direct line support!!!

Eric - you just raised the bar for espresso equipment support to a whole new level - maybe we should make this the standard for everyone, and the measuring stick! :wink:
If I could just like crappy coffee again, it would sure save a lot of time and money!

cuppajoe

#4: Post by cuppajoe »

I also have one of his thermometers, quite a deal considering the customization and install notes that come with it. Not to mention his excellent support.

He has been one of the most helpful people(among many) on this site in many regards. Sometimes wonder if Mr Svendson ever sleeps. Must drink lots of coffee...
David - LMWDP 448

My coffee wasn't strong enough to defend itself - Tom Waits