My propane lever machine works!! - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
bm_cricket (original poster)

#11: Post by bm_cricket (original poster) »

Chad C. wrote:Well done.sounds like you worked hard for it and it paid off. I wonder if your heat-up time has anything to do with the distance from the flame tube to the boiler? Dunno if you were given the factory specs to work with.

My Astoria two group Lever heats up in 20 minutes or less on propane when it's 70-something degrees out. It's faster than on its 110v option. I also wonder if your resting flame height is trying to do the job of the primary flame. The adjustments for each are fiddly, but once they're dialed in they don't need much.

I don't have my machine set up at my current location and I miss it. I do have a vintage two group Cimbali Lever project in the final stages of assembly, and I want to gas power it badly.
Great idea! I should check the exact distance to the boiler from the flame. I eyeballed it from photos. I don't have those numbers so maybe somebody could help get them for me....

The regulator is heating up using the proper settings on the two set screws and you are right, they are fiddly. ;-)
Life is short, enjoy every sip.