Crossland CC1 vs. Nuova Simonelli Oscar vs. Quickmill Alexia - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
snolover (original poster)

#11: Post by snolover (original poster) »

Thanks Rich for your reply! I never knew that we have such a nice product! I was only used to manual type of kitchen timer, but this one looks very handy and a must-purchase for busy mornings. Also thanks for the detailed user info! I will remember it before I use it :)

cmin

#12: Post by cmin »

snolover wrote:Yeab!! Definitely! Thanks for your advice. I heard that CC1 is especially sensitive for a good grinder. I have not yet done much research yet (only so far off the top of my head Rancilio Rocket..something) but definitely I want to buy good grinder together. If you have any recommendation, I am more than willing to hear!!
Wouldn't say sensitive, any real espresso machine is going to need a real espresso grinder. CC1 is actually quite forgiving as it has a much deeper then normal double basket and great headroom clearance, now something like the Silvia is picky but not necessarily b/c of the grinder but b/c of the basket size/screen clearance and exposed screw which can fracture pucks.

You must be thinking of the Rancilio Rocky grinder, which I'm pretty sure 99.9% of us on here will tell you to avoid. Too many other better choices whether new or used. And like the others said, really all machines need at least 30 min or so with PF lightly locked in to fully warm up. The boilers come to temp fast, the rest of the machine and metal still needs to be warmed up though.

stangdriverdoug

#13: Post by stangdriverdoug »

I'm using a Baratza Vario and it's been a great grinder. I purchased them together and saved a lot of money. If your interested you can pm me and I can tell you how much and where.