Naked portafilter for breville bes920xl

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
sqroot3

#1: Post by sqroot3 »

my bes900xl/a died out of warranty, and breville graciously sent me a replacement in the form of a bes920xl for several hundred dollars. i seem to remember reading that Breville WAS producing naked portafilters that fit the bes920xl and that they were indeed available, but when i called customer service today, the rep informed me that this was not the case.

do any of you know if breville is offering a breville-made naked portafilter that fits the bes920xl?

i realize i can also grind down part of my current PF's handle to make it fit, but i don't have such a tool handy...would rather just buy it straight from breville!

angman

#2: Post by angman »

Can't seem to PM but you can send it in to espressoparts.com and they can do it for you professionally for $25 plus shipping.

NightFlight

#3: Post by NightFlight »

Just a heads up regarding the portfilters for the BES900XL and their use in the new 920XL. In another coffee forum with a thread containing the 920XL heading, Phil McKnight made it very clear that the 900XL portafilters should not be used in the 920XL machines; as they will cause damage to the brew group. This is more than simply grinding down the handle to allow clearance to lock it into place. The bottomless portafilters for the 920XL will be out sometime in July.

sqroot3 (original poster)

#4: Post by sqroot3 (original poster) »

thanks for the info, nightflight. good to know.
i realize that phil's original prediction was july for the bottomless, but i swear some coffeegeeks (overseas?) stated they somehow procured said portafilters from breville!