Read. Think. Roast. Taste. Thank. Repeat.

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
cimarronEric
Sponsor

#1: Post by cimarronEric »

Thank you to everyone on this forum for all of the experimenting and sharing that you do. Last year I bought a coffee shop and after only a few months of sourcing from the roaster that the previous owner had used I decided that in order to more fully apply myself to the craft of coffee I would have to start roasting myself.

After months of roasting on a Hottop, I finally have my USRC 3k up and running and I'm turning out beans as good and often already better than my former suppliers. I know I've got a lot more to learn but I also know that I owe my current success to all the long-time home roasters and the pros who selflessly share their knowledge and the newbies with their great questions in this forum.

Without all of you, I would either be mired in an oblivion of trying to glean everything solely from personal experimentation, or I would be myopically following the tenets of roasting I would have learned from some coffee roasting class.

I can only hope that I will gain sufficient proficiency that I will be able to pay it forward here.

With gratitude,
Eric
Cimarron Coffee Roasters
www.cimarronroasters.com

Boldjava

#2: Post by Boldjava »

Cool post.

Let's get a plug in for you so local HB'ers in Colorado can stop in and say hello.

http://www.cimarronbooks.com/
-----
LMWDP #339

cimarronEric (original poster)
Sponsor

#3: Post by cimarronEric (original poster) »

YES! Thanks Dave.

If anyone is going to be in Southwestern Colorado (the Telluride area) it'd be great to chat. I'm in Ridgway.

I guess I should update my web page to reflect that I'm roasting the coffee now too... :oops:
Cimarron Coffee Roasters
www.cimarronroasters.com

Bodka Coffee

#4: Post by Bodka Coffee »

Hi! I think I sent you a message via Facebook a few months ago. Wishing you much success. I'd like to own a coffee shop someday too.

Sponsor

#5: Post by cimarronEric (original poster) replying to Bodka Coffee »

Hey Bodka, I don't recall receiving a message. Hi me with an email at eric at cimarronbooks dotcom

I hope to make it as a retail roaster someday. We can meet in the middle. :D
Cimarron Coffee Roasters
www.cimarronroasters.com

Airhan

#6: Post by Airhan »

If you're a roaster in CO you should check this out: http://rockymountaincraftcoffeealliance.com/ I think most of the mebmers are in Denver or Boulder, but it really is meant for all of CO. I'm happy they let me join as a home roaster =D
~Grind it like it did you some great injustice!~

Sponsor

#7: Post by cimarronEric (original poster) »

Airhan wrote:If you're a roaster in CO you should check this out: http://rockymountaincraftcoffeealliance.com/
Thanks for the tip. I submitted my application essay this morning.
Cimarron Coffee Roasters
www.cimarronroasters.com