Plumbing in an Izzo Alex Duetto

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
tkn

#1: Post by tkn »

Hi everyone,

My wife and I have been on a hellish odyssey trying to get our Alex Duetto plumbed in. We had a water hookup put in and a drain line as well. The plan is to run from the wall to a Doulton water filter to the machine.

But everywhere we turn, there is another problem. We have consulted several plumbing supply stores without much luck. At this point the hopefully last sticking point is from the water filter to the cable that came with the machine. We need something that can bridge a bog-standard 3/8 push fittings on the water filter to the Alex.

Bob_M

#2: Post by Bob_M »

I think you are in luck. I had this same problem several years ago. Here's a link to a post made by erics a while ago. I got the adapter from Chris coffee and it works fine. You can also use a standard American thread Watts or John Gest fitting and wrap it with Teflon tape and it should hold onto the British pipe thread fitting.

BSP, BSPP, Metric Adaptors, Flexible SS Braided Hose

LaDan

#3: Post by LaDan »

I got this at home depot. It's a Watts brand.

The reflection on the left side is the Duetto stainless steel side panel. Sorry for the grainy pic. The forum software reduces the size of the large picture.

I pulled out some so that you can see it. The top is the original Duetto hose. The bottom is a press-in to fit poly tube that is connected to the under-sink 10" filter (that I got at Lowe's in Brooklyn).

Beenbag

#4: Post by Beenbag »

tkn wrote:..,My wife and I have been on a hellish odyssey trying to get our Alex Duetto plumbed in.
Really ? ,,a "hellish odyssey"........Thats what is known as a FWP .....( 1st World Problem)

F1

#5: Post by F1 replying to Beenbag »

The horror.