Must-read for GS/3 Owners: New "La Marzocco at Home" Program - Page 4

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
mixedup

#31: Post by mixedup »

This is fantastic news re: Canada billing addresses!!! :)

jakline

#32: Post by jakline »

Peppersass wrote:Are the panels opaque, transparent or semi-transparent? Hard to tell from the photos.
They are opaque (painted on the inside).
Peppersass wrote:Any sense of whether there's a difference in insulation efficiency between the glass panels and the stock panels? The stock panels are reflective on the inside, which may or may not help.
I'll get a [crude] sense tomorrow morning (when the machine is on) and report back.
Aaron wrote:Can you post a picture of the glass panels when they arrive?
I took some quick photos of the panels installed. I suspect it would have been better to wait for daylight.

In real life, they look great with under counter lighting. I like the right panel, but I LOVE the left panel. Alas, the left panel view is pretty much reserved for passers in the side yard. If LM ever offers panels with the lion on both sides, I will buy them.

Cheers,
John

Aaron

#33: Post by Aaron »

Thanks for the pics. The lion does look cool, and I agree that it would be cool if they put it on both sides.
“The powers of a man's mind are proportionate to the quantity of coffee he drinks” - James McKintosh

Mile High

#34: Post by Mile High »

Another thanks from me for those pics.

These are not cheap and I am in the same position which would see that fabulous lion roaring all alone in the corner of my worktop.

I too would love to see the large lion on both panels and I would be there in a heart beat to procure a set of these bad boys.

uscfroadie
Supporter ♡

#35: Post by uscfroadie »

How thick are these? 1/2"?
Merle

jakline

#36: Post by jakline »

uscfroadie wrote:How thick are these? 1/2"?
9.45mm
Peppersass wrote:Any sense of whether there's a difference in insulation efficiency between the glass panels and the stock panels?
Like the stock panels, the tops of these panels get warm; but are far less hot than the metal in the top rear. Without measuring--which might be problematic as it's not clear which spot(s) to measure--I'd say the glass gets a little warmer than the stock panels.

John

jakline

#37: Post by jakline »

It looks like La Marzocco Home is only showing the lion left glass panel on their site and not the less Interesting right panel. See http://home.lamarzoccousa.com/product/r ... de-panels/

The one exception is for black (the panels I purchased), which still show the far less attractive right panel (in addition to the lion left panel). See: http://home.lamarzoccousa.com/product/b ... de-panels/

Has anyone purchased and received glass panels with the lion on both sides? If LM is now selling the panels with the lion on both sides, I think I'll have to buy them again.

Cheers,
John

uscfroadie
Supporter ♡

#38: Post by uscfroadie »

jakline wrote:Has anyone purchased and received glass panels with the lion on both sides? If LM is now selling the panels with the lion on both sides, I think I'll have to buy them again.

Cheers,
John
Email Mark Prince. He just bought a set, and supposedly they are now black versus the previous dark grey. He can tell you what the logos look like on each side of the new version.
Merle

Marshall (original poster)

#39: Post by Marshall (original poster) »

jakline wrote:Has anyone purchased and received glass panels with the lion on both sides? If LM is now selling the panels with the lion on both sides, I think I'll have to buy them again.
Fun fact: that lion is the "marzocco," the symbol of Florence.
Marshall
Los Angeles

jakline

#40: Post by jakline »

uscfroadie wrote:He just bought a set, and supposedly they are now black versus the previous dark grey. He can tell you what the logos look like on each side of the new version.
Thanks for the reply.

I don't need to email Mark since the link you provided shows the lion on both sides!

Wow! I need to buy these again. Bummer, but I can't resist. I just need to make sure the second time is a charm (i.e., that I'll actually get the updated panels).

Cheers,
John