Oscar Mod Kit question

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Marosmith

#1: Post by Marosmith »

I just got a used oscar and have been wanting to get an opv, and a vacuum breaker kit. I searched to find the right parts on espressoparts, but couldn't find the correct parts.

This website has kits, as shown below:

http://elektros.it/shop/en/oscar-modifi ... posed.html

Also- there is an option for "boiler predisposed" or "boiler not predisposed".

Does anyone know what that means, and what would apply to my machine? Mine is 2 1/2 years old.

Also, I would love to order parts locally if possible, does anyone know a site that has the parts available on the west coast, if so, what the part numbers are?

Thanks.

nicbrown

#2: Post by nicbrown »

The only way to tell is to take the top cover off your Oscar. It is a quick task and involves removing 6 screws.

If you look at the kits, the 'boiler predisposed' kit has a vacuum breaker that screws directly into the boiler using an available fitting. Older boilers lacked this installation point, so the vacuum breaker had to be installed using a t-connector.

The Elektros people are really good, and gave me a lot of pre-purchase advice for free, so there is no harm in supporting them for Oscar specific parts.

Advertisement
Marosmith (original poster)

#3: Post by Marosmith (original poster) replying to nicbrown »

Thank you. I ordered the not predisposed. I will prob get help installing it as I am not mechanically inclined. So far I love my machine, but this kit along with the small tip steam valve and the Musica restristors will make it near perfect.

Down the road I will do the aurelia steam lever upgrade. Then it will be perfect in function (although lacking the water spout).