Wega Atlas EPU 2 Group Espresso Machine

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
mummashouse

#1: Post by mummashouse »

Hi, Hoping someone here can help. Our mum past away recently ,leaving a coffee trailer and equipment. We dont have any clues on what everything does or how to use etc - we would greatly appreciate any info, as we have done some goggling but not a lot of info found hence we decided to join here.

We would like a user manual (pdf or url link) to how to use a 'Wega Atlas EPU 2 Group Espresso Machine'. Attached is an image of what the model looks like and the other is some inner parts which we would like to know what plugs into what and how to get it running etc

jonny

#2: Post by jonny »

My condolences on your mother passing. That's never easy. Well, espresso machines can be fairly complex to learn how to use if you don't have experience with them. I'd suggest calling/emailing Wega for the manual and also get a referral to a service tech in your area. The service tech will be able to look over the machine to make sure everything is working properly and all maintenance is up to date. Then you can also have him/her walk you through basic operation and periodic normal maintenance. If you want to learn it well, like make great coffee, you'll need to either do lots of reading and video watching and practice, or pay for a handful of hours to have a barista trainer from a high-end roaster/cafe spend some time with you to learn how to pull the best shot and steam quality milk. Good luck!

mummashouse (original poster)

#3: Post by mummashouse (original poster) »

thanks for the reply, yes have sent an email off to wega but have not heard back. Once again appreciate and value your advice.

fcantarone

#4: Post by fcantarone »

Hi mamashouse,

If you send an email address I can send you the Wega's technical manual.

I hope it may help you.

Enjoy your Wega

erics
Supporter ★

#5: Post by erics »

The "family tree" of espresso machines can be a little daunting but I see from the WEGA website that their machines are made by CMA and the CMA Astoria manuals are available in the downloads section of this site.

/downloads/

I have no idea as to how similar the WEGA and Astoria models are but the manuals I referenced above are very well written and certainly give you a good start.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

chantzk

#6: Post by chantzk »

Good day, I Recently bought a restaurant and am very sad to say I have the same machine which had never been looked after by the previous owners and has now packed up. I am however struggling to find the age of the machine for insurance purposes. Would anyone have a rough estimate of the age? So sad to see the poor condition of such a good machine.

Thank you.
Chantelle