SCAA 2014: Coming from Compak, some exciting developments - Page 6

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
LaDan

#51: Post by LaDan »

Bob_McBob wrote:Well, yes, I know they have a couple models in stock on their site. I also know at least a couple forum members were in touch with them recently about ETAs on other models like the updated K10 PB.
You asked if they stock it yet.

Is it only the face plate that you're looking for? Is there a way to upgraded to the new locking mechanism?

TomC (original poster)
Team HB

#52: Post by TomC (original poster) »

Compak's upper brass was quite busy with Rimini, then they headed to HK for a big meeting, so my emails back and forth with their Marketing Director has been brief. But like I mentioned before, the full set of new developments won't be available until later this year closer to Christmas, but that might be constrained just to the LED lights. I believe the new burr mount design and redesigned screens are going to be available at retailers in the next few weeks. Potential buyers should verify with those vendors whether those contain the Redspeed burrs or not, because unless it's states as such, it shouldn't be assumed. Also the short hopper isn't included yet, but will be later apparently.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#53: Post by FotonDrv »

Their new line is pretty amazing! The R80 in particular would fit on my counter with my big smile coming from me, maybe not my wife, but thats OK :D
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

Carmd1281

#54: Post by Carmd1281 »

Anyone find a review of the essential line yet? or see a production model?
Carm
New York, NY

TomC (original poster)
Team HB

#55: Post by TomC (original poster) »

I'll start one after Tuesday. :mrgreen:
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Carmd1281

#56: Post by Carmd1281 replying to TomC »

Nice! Looking forward to it
Carm
New York, NY

deniss

#57: Post by deniss »

Hi,

I just received my Compak E10 master 2 weeks ago. I use it with the small k3 hopper (23 inches).It is fast, and big. It was difficult to dial at first but i managed to pull very good and consistent shot this weekend (better than my Ceado with 64mm flat burr. The touch screen is easy to use as well. The only reservation now after using it is the black matt finish, and would rather have the polished aluminium but it is not available in North-America at this moment.

The F10 in polished aluminium is available and my return window is still open.

Big dilemma

Your inputs will be appreciated

Deniss

bostonbuzz

#58: Post by bostonbuzz »

Why did you go with the master? It's just the normal version with a fan and a few inches higher. This is only relevant in a cafe where hundreds of shots are pulled in short periods of time. IMO, the feature adds needless heigh in a home setting, and one without a fan could be used in a busy cafe anyway (like thousands of k10s before it).

Besides the different screens, how are the F and E models different?
LMWDP #353

Carmd1281

#59: Post by Carmd1281 »

Denis - Awesone grinder thanks for sharing! Any chance you can take some more close up shots for us?

As for your input request, I went with the K10 WBC polished and I love the finish. It's shiny chrome exterior helps to further justify the price tag in my opinion. Of course it's provides a great consistent grind, 68mm conic burrs, it's built like a tank and has fine adjustment... All these the real reason I bought it... But the finish helps justify it to the non technical people (my wife). It also is a durable finish as there's no paint to chip off... It's the raw metal polished. If there are scratches you could always repolish it.

Carm
New York, NY

Carmd1281

#60: Post by Carmd1281 »

Can't get the pic right side up for some reason. Ipad uses just flip the screen, others, sorry ;)
Carm
New York, NY