San Antonio Sprodown - Sunday, 27 April

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
uscfroadie
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by uscfroadie »

Fellow HBers,

Sorry for the short notice, but I'll be hosting a very small Sprodown at my house this Sunday. If you are nearby and want to join in the fun, PM me to get details.

We'll have at least two machines and grinders - Breville Double Boiler and a Cremina pulling shots from a Baratza Forte and a HG One (71mm). If you'd like to bring something over, I'll make room.

I'll have at least 5 different beans for sampling, but I'll probably pick up a few more on Saturday from our local suppliers, but feel free to bring any of your own to try.

If you can't make this one, don't worry, there will be more. The next one will be planned further in advance, I promise.

Cheers!
Merle
Merle

victoriacoffees

#2: Post by victoriacoffees »

Wish I could have made it! Seeing an HG One in person and pulling a shot with the Cremina would have been worth the trip.

Looking forward to the next one.
John V.

Eastsideloco

#3: Post by Eastsideloco »

Thanks for hosting a sprodown on short notice, Merle.

If anyone from Austin wants to carpool down, send me a PM. I live 6 blocks east of the convention center and will be leaving around 11:30am. (My wife is hiking in the foothills of the Spanish Pyrenees with girlfriends-today's leg is Beget to Can Peix at Oix-so the shotgun position is open.)

Eastsideloco

#4: Post by Eastsideloco »

Thanks for the hospitality, Merle.

After I got home, I reconfigured my coffee corner to accommodate the HG One. I wound up removing the handle extension to gain some space. (We'll see how that works out. I'm going to reinstall the handle and just put the knock box behind the HG One. It'll fit & work better that way.) But I found room for everything:

Here are some photo highlights from the (small but mighty) San Antonio Sprodown:

http://bit.ly/1j9op0b

Nice work with the latte art:

uscfroadie (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by uscfroadie (original poster) »

David,

Very nice meeting you, and thanks for bringing the food. Next time we'll work on more notice to make it easier for people to fit it in their schedule. Or perhaps have an Austin Sprodown. I think your town is more target rich.

Glad to see the HG One go to a great home!

Cheers!
Merle
Merle

victoriacoffees

#6: Post by victoriacoffees »

Very nice coffee bar and great shots!
John V.