Elektra T1 Drain Clearance

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
coolio

#1: Post by coolio »

Does anyone know the clearance between the drain and countertop on an Elektra T1? I'm looking at upgrading to the Elektra and have a water source to plumb-in, but nowhere to drain. Is there enough room to rig a drain pan under the machine?

Thanks,
Mark

smite

#2: Post by smite »

I can take and post some pictures for you of my T1. I actually installed mine and ran the drain hose over the counter and let it empty into one side of my sink. It actually works well.

The clearance is high enough under the machine to let the hose come down and go out to the side under the machine.

coolio (original poster)

#3: Post by coolio (original poster) »

Thanks John!

Pics sound great. Can you also measure the gap under the machine between the drain and the counter? Does the drain hose disconnect from the bottom so that you rig a container to collect water underneath the machine?

Thanks,
Mark

smite

#4: Post by smite »

Hi Mark,

Here are the details on the T1 clearance:

From the drip tray the clearance to the counter is 2 inches (measured). You can actually remove the drain hose which extends out towards the back of the machine rather than straight down. Right where the drain leaves the machine it slants gradually towards the back of the machine and there is aprox 1.5" directly under the white plastic drain exit.

Hopefully this picture will help give you a sense of what that looks like.

I took this picture and added text in a bit of a rush. When I have some time later today I will see what I can do about taking and annotating a better one if interested.