Help me to pimp my 1964 Faema e61

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Fran_Brandariz

#1: Post by Fran_Brandariz »

Hello , my name is Fran , I write from Spain and do not know much English. First of all apologize for this and I will use Google Translate. To begin two months I've acquired a supposedly restored Faema e61 ago, and I say supposedly because at 2 weeks he began to expel oxide because screws are rusty . From here I started disassemble whole and try do a good job of restoration. To start and submerged boiler tubes and 3 weeks in citric acid with amazing results , then I painted the chassis black , and I'm hoping to finish to take the chrome exterior body . I will also install 2 regulators thermosyphon for modern E61 to adjust the temperature of each group

I bought the machine without pump , so I have to ride him a new ride him and I'm thinking one gear pump instead of a rotary. The main idea is that the transition between the pump on and off is not as sharp as a rotary . I think I should? I am a beginner in this and a real ignorant but reading the post so interesting that 's in forum came to install a pump head by separating each group in power switch for each group is independent .. not if I explain .

Short, and apologies for how badly I explain it is: about 2-3 seconds pre-infusion 2-3 bars ( pressure line) with pump off , turn the pump on and slowly raise the pressure to 9 bar manually wrap at extraction. Im not seek a pressure profile , only the pressure does not change as abruptly 3-9 bars and remove everything that can transmit vibrations to the pump
What you think? Where should I start?

I'm looking at two different models of pump :

- http://www.fluidotech.com/Pages/Default.aspx?ID=923

- http://www.fluidotech.com/Pages/Default.aspx?ID=769

Once purchased the pump, which should I do ? need a electronic hardware like arduino? I have not idea about that..

I apologies again for my ignorance , I am a complete novice at this and here in Spain there is no one to talk / discuss about it , so I turn to you.

I would appreciate any feedback or response with great enthusiasm.

The following post attached pictures

Fran_Brandariz (original poster)

#2: Post by Fran_Brandariz (original poster) »

Fran_Brandariz (original poster)

#3: Post by Fran_Brandariz (original poster) »

Mouldy

#4: Post by Mouldy »

Great work so far, and good job with your English.

To some extent, you will get some preinfusion by nature of the E61 design. There are a number of forum posts relating to E61 preinfusion which are worth reading.

Your fellow Spanish friends in Ascaso (Barcelona) may be able to point you to some useful local resources and parts supplies for your E61.

I look forward to seeing more photos.

Regards
Pippo,

Edit: I'm not familiar with the gear pumps and controllers, but I'm sure there will be people who are familiar commenting soon on this. In the mean time check out this thread; which includes commentary on gear pump and controllers from about page 5.

'Pressure Profiling' With The Fluid-O-Tech TMFR Pump - Or, Wholesale Copying Greg Scace's Ideas