Hard to find a lever machine at London Coffee Festival

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
mathof

#1: Post by mathof »

I've just returned from the London Coffee Festival - a big event which includes the UK Barista of the Year finals - where I saw innumerable pump machines (mostly La Marzocco) but just one lever machine (Londinium). Maybe there were others but after 90 minutes of shuffling through the crowds, I felt the need to escape.

Paul_Pratt

#2: Post by Paul_Pratt »

I did see another one that I think was a Fracino. I agree, these days it's hard to get excited by the fancy electronics and gizmos.

Sansibar99

#3: Post by Sansibar99 »

There was no Machine of Russel (Dr.Espresso)? He would have been my reason of choice to travel to London ;-)
LMWDP #422

mathof (original poster)

#4: Post by mathof (original poster) replying to Sansibar99 »

Afraid not, but he did tweet about it on Thursday:

London Coffee festival to-day .....let me show you tomorrow how to make an espresso......the one thing that I was told as I walked through the valley of Espresso was that all espresso tasted the same...this is not good , no variation at all.......no no no ! Some nice machines but nothing in comparison with a nice Faema marte , Gaggia tipo America, Internationale or Esportazione.......all pre 1955 come on La Marzocco is perfect but do we really want PERFECT ! Sorry but some one had to say it .....