Mail order espresso beans in Canada?

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
bgn

#1: Post by bgn »

I'd like to follow some advice that I've read on this site and order some quality, professional roasted espresso before I pull the trigger on an expensive sample roaster. Anyone know the options in Canada?
thanks,
Barry.

mariobarba

#2: Post by mariobarba »

Social Coffee and Tea
Pilot Coffee
Reunion Island Coffe

Are the most affordable with free shipping deals and coupons. Of course there are others, but they will run you more $.

49th parallel
Jj been
Transcend
St-Henri
To name a few.

Happy hunting,
Mario

Aaron

#3: Post by Aaron »

I would also check out Trebilcock Coffee Roasters in Pickering ON.
“The powers of a man's mind are proportionate to the quantity of coffee he drinks” - James McKintosh

Jasonmck

#4: Post by Jasonmck »

All these roasters are local to Vancouver so no mail order required. Plus you get to geek out at the local shop :lol:
49th parallel
JJ been
Matchstick
Milano Coffee
Rocanini Coffee
Espressotec has a local roasted coffee

entropyembrace

#5: Post by entropyembrace »

Cherry Hill in Kelowna, and Fratello in Calgary are very good too.

I can also recomend Transcend and Social Coffee and Tea (just for coffee, not the tea) which were mentioned already by others.

2StrokeBloke

#6: Post by 2StrokeBloke »

I've been using Mountainview Roasterie located in Didsbury, Alberta for the last year or so.
Since they work in Calgary, the beans are hand delivered to my door about 2-4 days post roast. I'm sure he has a mail program or you could set one up.

BigBlaze

#7: Post by BigBlaze »

Social, YES

St Henri NO. Good luck to get fresh roast, I think they are more concern about delivering there fresh roast to hotel and restaurant. Even if you go to there "head office on Notre Dame" you will find roast that are few weeks old.

Most coffee ship from Social are roast the same day. Free same day shipping when you buy 2 bags at $13/each is hard to beat for such a serious roaster.

elusiven

#8: Post by elusiven »

Phil & Sebastian in Calgary is great.
LMWDP #497

entropyembrace

#9: Post by entropyembrace »

BigBlaze wrote:Social, YES

Most coffee ship from Social are roast the same day. Free same day shipping when you buy 2 bags at $13/each is hard to beat for such a serious roaster.
It's not next day to Western Canada, typically I get the coffee 7-10 days after roasting in Alberta when ordering from Social.