New Profitec Pro 700 Dual Boiler video with covers removed. - Page 5

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Devin H

#41: Post by Devin H »

Good to hear John. I've missed mine greatly since its been out of service but I received the loctite 567 yesterday so I'm hoping to have it up again this weekend. Just curious, but what temp settings have you settled in with for steaming and brewing. Also what brew pressure level have you settled with?

wsfarrell

#42: Post by wsfarrell replying to Devin H »

I'm not John, but I'll jump in. I agree with everything he said---great fit and finish, nearly silent pump---the machine exudes quality.

I've set mine up in Fahrenheit, and have seen no issues (concerns were expressed early on about this). I have the steam boiler set to 262, and the brew boiler to 198. I haven't calibrated the offset yet, because I'm getting great shots and Crystal Geyser costs money.

smite

#43: Post by smite »

After adjusting my PID per my other thread and the helpful post from Dan, I currently have my brew set to 201 for my current home roasted single origin coffee (City+ roast) and 258 for steam boiler when it is on.

Pressure right now is set to peak at 8.5.

I tend to adjust brew temp pretty often as I change out what I am brewing. A little less so on the pressure but doing so is a snap.

For some helpful information on changes to temp and taste check out:

Consistent bitterness

Hopefully you can get the machine up and running soon.

blazko

#44: Post by blazko »

Hello everyone,
ive been wondering if any of you came across some problems during the use of the profitec?
I pulled the trigger my self and ordered one 3 days ago. Should arrive on tuesday and it's easy to imagine i'm all excited, searching the web for any other piece of evidence i made a good choice :)

Best regards

wsfarrell

#45: Post by wsfarrell replying to blazko »

Zero problems on mine.

Devin H

#46: Post by Devin H »

Got mine up and running after the loose boiler fitting issue. Used some loctite 567 and its been going strong ever since. Not a defect issue. Probably just a sign of poor shipping/packaging from the seller I bought it from. The machine itself is amazing. I couldnt be happier with it.

blazko

#47: Post by blazko »

Great to hear! Thanks for input.
Can't wait to play with my own.