Gaggia Orione power consumption

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Esperame

#1: Post by Esperame »

Hello guys

My week have been like a roller coaster my machine finally arrive on monday and still sitting unattented where I left her the first day. My plan is start the installation this weekend but suddenly I have some doubts about the power consumption in order to setup it a safely.
My Gaggia Orione two group has two 110V electric resistances with "W1500" stamped

If I am guessing right thats mean 1500 watts x 2 = 3000 watts / 110V = 27.27 Amp of max consumption.
Do the machine use all this power at once and how do you guys with same kind of machine set them up for home use.
Thanks one more time. More pictures to come
Seeking the way of a good coffee shot

Esperame (original poster)

#2: Post by Esperame (original poster) »

I just talked with the technician who repair my machine and he told me I was right, the max consumption should be around 30 amp that is too much for a household electric socket and we decide that the best route to install the machine is a hybrid mode using just one of the resistance (1500W) and the gas heather, this way I can reduce the warm up time, installation and the operation cost, although the operation cost is not an issue since Venezuela used to be an oil exporter my gas bill for the whole year no matter how much I consume is about $2 :oops: believe or not .
So at the end I will probably run my machine solely by gas.
Seeking the way of a good coffee shot