Faema Due steam wand shooting mix of hot water and steam

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Mowog67
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by Mowog67 »

Hey all,
I'm new to this board. Thanks for hosting it!
I have a breakfast restaurant and recently pulled my Elektra Belle Epoque out of service hoping to "go thru" it in a few months (clean, replace element, etc). I say "go thru" like I'm some sort of expert. I'm not, but I'm fairly mechanical and willing to screw stuff up under the guise of education :) In the mean time, I purchased a rebuilt Faema Due 2 group. It worked well until this morning. The steam wand is not really steaming, more shooting a mix of hot water and steam. Is it not getting hot enough? Boiler? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

- Jeff

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

Sounds like the steam boiler water level is too high. This can happen if the metal water level sensor is caked with scale, which acts as an insulator. Over time, the water level rises as scale forms ever higher. The short term solution is cleaning the water level sensor; the long term solution is a proper descaling.
Dan Kehn

stuartmac

#3: Post by stuartmac »

loosen the nut that tightens the nylon collar and see if you can slide the water level probe out of the top of the boiler, if its scaled it will be tough. Where is the the level on the sight glass sitting?