Data logger to use with Artisan - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
osanco

#11: Post by osanco »

SAS wrote:Snipping the wire with side cutters or even scissors works. I sniped four thermocouples for my roaster's Phidget. Inside the metal shielding are the two insulated leads, one of which has a red strand woven in. That tells you which lead to hook to the Phidget's connectors. Very simple. Phidget gives directions as to which hole the red lead is inserted.
You'll occasionally run into thermocouples where the color codes are not standard. Whatever the colors, if your wires are reversed, your readout will decrease with rising temp.

That can be spooky the first time, but now you know. :D

kboom1 (original poster)

#12: Post by kboom1 (original poster) »

Had a hard time trying to get the TMD-56 to work with Artisan. I could get delta BT/ET to show up but no BT/ET temp data. I did get the BT to show up once but disappeared after a few minutes and could not get it working again. I think I got a hold of a defective unit.

Anyways I decided to sidestep all the issues with the TMD 56 and just ordered the 1048 Phidget. Guess I should have ordered it to begin with and hope to have an easier time getting it to work. . I'm looking forward to seeing how Tom C. makes out with his wireless unit.