LIDO 2 Burr Alignment - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
ira
Team HB

#21: Post by ira »

I would assume that when talking about alignment we're talking about the evenness of the smallest gap as that would seem to be the limiting factor in the uniformity of the grind. Minor differences in the concentricity of the entry to the grind path likely has little or no effect on the final grind.

And I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong.

Ira

OldNuc

#22: Post by OldNuc »

cuppajoe wrote:One thing I noticed is that the inner burr 'floats' on the shaft. When you tun it upside down you can hear and see it shift on the shaft. This may influence how the alignment looks whether right side up or upside down.

Would be interested in the Doug's take on that.

So far the only improvement, other than the sticky knob, I can come up with is that instead of grooves on the adjustment and locking collars, use ridges for a better purchase. No complaints so far on it's ability to help produce good coffee.
I believe the section in bold above explains what has been observed. Until the grinder is broken in and the inner burr fully seated there will be the possibility of observing apparent misalignment when cranked to a very coarse setting and the grinder is horizontal.