Iwaki Bica Dripper

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
chang00

#1: Post by chang00 »

Here is an elegant looking dripper from Iwaki. The filter holder is stainless steel and fits Hario V60 #1 and typical #2 filters. The resistance to flow will be mostly from the filter paper itself and coffee bed.

The plastic collar and metal clip are not rustic, and something I wish could improve. Additionally, too bad Iwaki does not sell only the stainless steel paper filter holder, then it will be a nice accessory to the Kalita Wave Style Set.

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

I wonder if it could be used as a spacer for a paper filter underneath that Iwaki, then the Driver filter on top? Sorta like Todd Carmichael's method.

I'm noticing a bit more super fine sediment creeping into my Driver, and when I hold it up to the light, I can see even though I wash it vigorously with hot water immediately after brewing and wipe it down with a microfiber cloth, after about 3 weeks of use, I can see narrowing where fines have clung between the two surfaces. The good news is, I noticed that I can just use my steam wand on the Strega to blast it clean. I'll need to wrap my hands in a dish towel and wipe up the water drips at the end, but I think that will be a quick solution, outside of soaking it in citric acid or Joe-Glo for an hour.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

chang00 (original poster)

#3: Post by chang00 (original poster) »

Yes, the filter ring can be used as a spacer.

TomC
Team HB

#4: Post by TomC »

Bingo!

( but of course I was referring to the fit of the Driver specifically :wink: )
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

chang00 (original poster)

#5: Post by chang00 (original poster) »

Here comes the Driver! :D