Rocket Evoluzione v2 - Cooling Flushes - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
azumbrunnen (original poster)

#21: Post by azumbrunnen (original poster) »

hey guys! just tried it! I reduced the pressure to 1.15, was slightly more than 1.2 before. The difference is not as significant as I thought concerning the length of the flush.

I noticed something though. When I make a full flush (10 seconds) until there is absolutely no steam coming out anymore, the espresso is usually on the cold side. Did you experience the same?

contraflow88
Supporter ♡

#22: Post by contraflow88 »

When you flush do you notice the water go from a shower to a single stream? I used to have Giotto Evo V2 and I do remember the flushes being quite long but turning down the pressure stat helped significantly, but I loved the espresso the machine produced. So congratulations you have a good machine it just takes some practice and a little bit of patience. What grinder do you have at the moment friend?

Advertisement
azumbrunnen (original poster)

#23: Post by azumbrunnen (original poster) »

Thanks man, was a huge investment for me. Definitely no holidays for me this year ;)

So maybe I should even get lower than 1.1? I just don't want to sacrifice steam power too much. I love steaming milk. It's about finding a good compromise I guess. How long were your flushes? Did you use flush & go, or flush and wait?

Still struggeling to find a consistent brew temperature. I thought temperature surfing doesn't exist on the this one, but actually cooling flushes are the temperature surfing here ;) When I flush until there is absolutely no more steam, and then brew immediately after, it's usually on the cold side. The guy who sold me this machine (who is actually a barista trainer) told me, that I shouldn't flush longer than 5 seconds, even if there is still steam coming out...

contraflow88
Supporter ♡

#24: Post by contraflow88 »

Yes I totally understand these machines do not come cheap but at the price do give you years and years of enjoyment!

I think your ok where you are that way you do not sacrifice too much steam power. My flushes were not too long, maybe 5-10 seconds depending how long the machine had idled. Also don't focus so much on the flush, what matters is what is in the cup,

You are right its difficult and a struggle. But take note when the machine has been sitting around for a while your cooling flush will be longer and the noise from the brew head will be a fizzing sound like when water comes in contact with burning wood. As soon as the sound stops go ahead and place your portafilter and begin your brew.

Your espresso might a bit cold bc of several factors as well such as the cup, the portafilter is cold so keep an eye on also those things.