Coarser grind for the Baratza Vario - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
eduramos (original poster)

#11: Post by eduramos (original poster) »

Thanks for all the feed back.

Looks like i have to get steel Burrs right? Okay , where should i buy them from? And more or less, how much?

Does anyone know of an instructional video anywhere?

Eddie

RedMan

#12: Post by RedMan »

I think the easiest is to just buy directly from Baratza. Advantage is you could also pick up any other spare parts you would need for your grinder at the same time. Don't know if these burrs are available anywhere else.
They are 60 USD and have been for a long time: https://www.baratza.com/cgi-bin/commerc ... n&key=8170

turtle

#13: Post by turtle »

eduramos wrote:Thanks for all the feed back.

Looks like i have to get steel Burrs right? Okay , where should i buy them from? And more or less, how much?

Does anyone know of an instructional video anywhere?

Eddie
Installing the burrs in a Vario is a snap. 3 screws on both the top and bottom burr and they are in and out in no time.

IMORTANT: Just make sure you uses a flat blade screwdriver that is small enough to fit inside the burr hole where the screw is. too wide and you will chip the ceramic burr when taking the screw in and out. this is a common mistake so if you don't have the right screwdriver a trip to the hardware store with the top burr carrier to find one is worth your time and effort. I used a blade from a Brownells gunsmithing screwdriver set which allowed me to get the right width and thickness of the blade. you do not need to go that far but find a screwdriver that won't damage your ceramic burrs.
Mick - Drinking in life one cup at a time
I'd rather be roasting coffee